Terms & Conditions
1. A private hire booking is only confirmed after the relevant booking form and a deposit
of 25% has been received by the Company and written confirmation returned by you.
2. Final details of requirements and full payment of monies outstanding must
be received by the Company no later than fourteen days prior to departure.
3. Payment for public sightseeing trips must be paid in full prior to departure
4. In the event of cancellation by the Hirer, the deposit is non-refundable
and the Hirer will have no further claim on the Company.
5. Whilst the Company will endeavour to operate the cruise as agreed and advertised, no liability will be accepted for any cancellation, breakdown or unpunctuality, however caused. The Hirer must also be aware that the company is under contract to travel to all Manchester United Home fixtures and this will have precedence over any other booking: whilst the Company will strive not to take a booking when a home game is scheduled the Hirer must be aware that fixtures are occasionally altered. In this event, another cruise date or time will be offered, if this is not possible then all monies paid to the Company will be returned to the Hirer in full and there will be no further liabilities to the Company.
6. The Hirer will be held liable for any damage caused by passengers to the boat or its contents. The Company will not be liable for any accident or injury to person embarked nor for any loss or damage to their personal possessions, passengers use the vessel, steps and landing stages etc. at their own risk.
7. We reserve the right to vary the trip for any reason at the discretion of the ‘Skipper who shall be in full charge of the vessel during the trip. The Hirer/Passengers must accept the Skippers decision at all times. We reserve the right, when necessary, to alter timetables, re-route vessels for reason of safety or stop them serving a disembarkation point, without notice. Although any such action will be exceptional, we do not guarantee to operate any services in accordance with published schedules, or at all.
8. The craft is licensed to carry passengers by the Marine and Coastal Agency and the maximum number of passengers authorized may not be exceeded at any time. A passenger is defined in law as any person over one year old.
9. Car parking at the point of embarkation is at the owners risk and must be arranged so as not to cause obstruction.
10. Under NO circumstances may food or drink be brought on board by passengers. It is the responsibility of the group organiser to ensure their party are made aware of this. Drinks are available on board at competitive prices.
11. The Skipper may refuse to carry any passengers, or direct any passenger to disembark, where the behaviour of that passenger is liable to cause nuisance or offence to the other passengers or put at risk the safety of the passenger, other passengers, crew or vessel.
12. For your own safety and the safety of others, you must follow instructions given by our crew when embarking/disembarking or on board any of our vessels. Instructions or advice contained in on-board safety notices should be followed.
13. For safety reasons you must not smoke (except in designated smoking areas) on our vessel.
14. All children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
15. The vessel is unable to accommodate wheelchair access.
16. All sailings are subject to weather conditions and to the conditions of the River Irwell
*The Company referred to is the Irwell & Mersey Packet Company trading as Manchester River Cruises